- Normal processing is within 4-6 weeks from date of receipt.
- Passports are accepted Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- If you have lost your passport, you must apply for a new one, not a renewal.
- Only one person may be on a passport. Each applicant must have their own passport.
- Passports are valid for 10 years for an adult (16 and over) and 5 years for a minor (under 16).
- A NOTARIZED Consent Form can be used for the parent who CANNOT appear in person.
- Both parents must appear to sign for children under the age of 16.
- ALL passport applicants must appear in person.
- A parent must accompany the child to co-sign with them from age 16-18.
- Old passports are canceled and returned to the customer with the new passports. However, the passport agency may retain badly damaged passports at their discretion.
First Passport or if Issued Over 15 Years Ago: Adult or Child Under 16
1. Complete Application Form DS-11
2. Birth Certificate, Original or Certified Copy, must contain the following info:
Name of the Applicant
Date of Birth
Place of Birth
File or Registration Date within one year of birth
3. Identification: Acceptable documentary evidence of identity
4. One (1) Passport Photo: 2" x 2", full face, plain white background
5. Appropriate Fees: (Effective July 13, 2010)
- Adult, 16 years & older, $135.00 ($110 payable to US Department of State by check or money order and $25 payable to Dutchess County Clerk by money order, check or cash)
- Minor, under 16, $105.00 ($80 payable to US Department of State by check or money order and $25 payable to Dutchess County Clerk by money order, check or cash)
- Passport Photo, available at the Dutchess County Clerk’s Office for an additional fee of $10.00.
- Expedite Fee, please add $80.66 ($60.00 Expedite Fee + $20.66 Express Mailer Fee) to the check or money order payable to US Department of State to expedite each application for a passport book or renewal.
Renewal: You are qualified for this if:
A. Your passport was issued within the past 15 years.
B. Your passport was issued after your 16th birthday.
C. You can submit the most recent passport.
D. You are using the same name or can submit the marriage certificate or court order to
show the change of name.
If you fulfill all of the above, submit an Application for a Passport by Mail, Form DS-82, along with one new photo, your old passport and $110.00 by check or money order to the address listed on the reverse of the application form.
Travel Warnings - 1-202-647-5225
Public Number for Inquiry - 1-877-487-2778
Guide & Forms - http://www.travel.state.gov/
Emergency Passports... By Appointment Only at a US Department of State Office
- AND you must be traveling within 14 days with airline tickets
Toll Free: 1-877-487-2778