First Passport or if Issued Over 15 Years Ago: Adult or Child Under 16
1. Complete Application Form DS-11
2. Birth Certificate, Original or Certified Copy, must contain the following info:
Name of the Applicant
Date of Birth
Place of Birth
File or Registration Date within one year of birth
3. Identification: Acceptable documentary evidence of identity
4. One (1) Passport Photo: 2" x 2", full face, plain white background
5. Appropriate Fees: (Effective July 13, 2010)
NOTE: Out of state checks will not be accepted
Renewal: You are qualified for this if:
A. Your passport was issued within the past 15 years.
B. Your passport was issued after your 16th birthday.
C. You can submit the most recent passport.
D. You are using the same name or can submit the marriage certificate or court order to
show the change of name.
If you fulfill all of the above, submit an Application for a Passport by Mail, Form DS-82, along with one new photo, your old passport and $110.00 by check or money order to the address listed on the reverse of the application form.
Travel Warnings - 1-202-647-5225
Public Number for Inquiry - 1-877-487-2778
Guide & Forms - http://www.travel.state.gov/
Passports... By Appointment Only
- AND you must be traveling within 14 days with airline tickets
Toll Free: 1-877-487-2778