Poughkeepsie... Dutchess County Executive William R. Steinhaus announced today the schedule for the County’s 2008 Flu and Pneumonia Vaccination Clinics. Flu and Pneumonia Vaccination Clinics are conducted throughout the county each year by the Dutchess County Department of Health. This year, clinics will be held from October 28th to December 8th.
“Getting the flu vaccine remains the number one way, in addition to hand washing, to prevent influenza from spreading throughout our community,” said County Executive Steinhaus. “Flu vaccine is readily available this year and we are committed to ensuring flu and pneumonia vaccinations are available to those in the highest risk categories through our public Flu & Pneumonia Clinics.”
“It is important for the well-being and health of our community for our residents to get their flu vaccine. Influenza is not a disease that should be dismissed as a small cold, it is a disease that can attack even a healthy person,” said Commissioner of Health Michael C. Caldwell, MD, MPH.
Information about flu immunization and the public flu clinic schedule may be obtained by calling the Department of Health's Flu Immunization Hot-Line at (845) 486-3435. The hot-line is available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, or log onto the County’s website at www.dutchessny.gov.
The clinics will offer the flu vaccine to:
- Anyone 50 and older
- Adults (18 years of age and older) with chronic health problems including heart disease, lung disease, diabetes mellitus, kidney disease and conditions effecting the immune system)
- Pregnant women
- Household contacts and out-of-home care givers of children
- Healthcare workers who provide direct patient care
- Household contacts of those at highest risk of complications from the flu.
All clinics will offer pneumonia vaccine to:
- Adults 18-64 years of age with certain chronic medical conditions; and,
- Adults 65 years of age and older.
Both the flu vaccine and the pneumonia vaccine are covered by Medicare Part B. Medicare cards must be brought to the clinic. Adults enrolled in Medicare HMO’s may be required to pay the fee. The fee for flu vaccine is $39. The fee for pneumonia vaccine is $58. No one will be turned away for inability to pay the fee in full or in part.
See complete schedule below.
2008-2009 Influenza/ Pneumonia Clinic Schedule
1. 10/28/2008 Fishkill, Fishkill Baptist Church 10am to 1pm
107 Route 82, Fishkill, NY, 12524
2. 11/3/2008 Poughkeepsie, Bright Horizons at Casperkill 10am to 1pm
2330 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
3. 11/ 7 /2008 Amenia, The Kildonan School 10am to 1pm
425 Morse Road, Amenia, NY 12501
4. 11/10/2008 Red Hook, Red Hook High School 10am to 1pm
103 W. Market Street / Route 199, Red Hook, NY, 12571
5. 11/17/2008 Pawling, Lakeside Park 10am to 1pm
2 Lakeside Drive, Pawling, NY 12564
6. 11/21/2008 Millbrook, Cornell Cooperative Extension 10am to 1pm
2715 Route 44, Millbrook, N.Y. 12545
7. 12/2/2008 Beacon, Fishkill Correctional Facility Community Ctr. 10am to 12pm
Matewan Road, Beacon, N.Y. 12508
8. 12/8/2008 Poughkeepsie, Mid-Hudson Civic Center 10am to 12pm
1 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, N.Y. 12601