EOC Update - Warming Centers and Overnight Shelter listing
Complete list of warming centers and overnight shelters as provided to the Dutchess County Emergency Operations Center by local municipalities and the American Red Cross
• American Red Cross will be operating a overnight shelter at the Cornell Cooperative Extension Farm & Home Center located at 2715 Route 44, Millbrook at 12pm today.
Warming Centers opened today (10/30/11) by following municipalities. Please note: food, bedding and other shelter items are not available at warming centers. These locations provide an opportunity for residents to come and warm up. Residents should bring their own supplies.
• Milan Town Hall, located at 20 Wilcox Circle in Milan, is open. Contact: Supervisor William Gallagher at 206-8637.
• Pine Plains Community Center, located at 7775 South Main Street in Pine Plains, is open. Contact: Jennifer Mosher at (518) 929-1392
• Town of Fishkill Police Station Community Room, located at 807 Route 52 in Fishkill, is open. Contact: Police Dispatch at 831-1110
• Village of Fishkill Hall, located at 1095 Main Street in the Village of Fishkill, is open. Contact: Rad Wilson at 845-656-3726
• Wappinger Town Hall, located at 20 Middlebush Road in Wappinger, is open. Contact: Supervisor Barbara Gutzler at 914-489-4210
• Red Hook Town Hall, located at 7340 South Broadway in Red Hook, is open.
Contact: Supervisor Sue Crane at 546-2233.
• Town of Northeast – American Legion Hall Post 178 located at 155 Route 44 in Millerton. Open for Millerton residents starting at 4pm and remaining open as needed. Contact: Supervisor David Sherman at 233-0190 or Com. Bob Jenks at 845-656-6466
• City of Beacon – overnight warming center will be open at Lewis Tompkins Hose ( Fire Station #2) at 13 South Avenue (Route 9D & Main Street) from 6pm this evening (Sunday) until 9am tomorrow morning (Monday, 10/31). This is not a full shelter operation (no cots or food will be available). Tables and chairs only. Residents welcome to bring their own supplies to stay and get warm. Transportation is available for City of Beacon residents if needed. Contact: City of Beacon Police Department at 831-4111.
• City of Poughkeepsie will be opening a warming center/overnight shelter at the Salvation Army, 19 Pershing Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601. Residents are urged to bring their own pillows, blankets and food to the shelter. The shelter will be open at 6:00pm this evening (Sunday, 10/30)
Residents are also reminded to call 9-1-1 ONLY in the event of an emergency. Reports of power outages and inquiries about power restoration efforts should be directed to local utilities.
Information about warming centers and shelter operations is also available by calling 2-1-1.
- end -