DC EOC Update - FINAL list of Overnight Shelters and Warming Centers for October 30th
Updated as Sunday 10/30 at 6pm
Final list of warming centers and overnight shelters for Sunday, October 30th as provided to the Dutchess County Emergency Operations Center by local municipalities and the American Red Cross
American Red Cross is operating overnight shelters with cots and food at the following locations:
• Cornell Cooperative Extension Farm & Home Center located at 2715 Route 44, Millbrook Contact number is 677-8223. Currently open.
• Red Hook Fire House located at 42 Firehouse Lane, Red Hook. Currently open.
• Town of Pawling - Lakeside Park, located at 2 Lakeside Drive, Pawling. Contact number is 855-1131. Opening anticipated by 9pm this evening.
Residents should bring bedding including blankets and pillows and any necessary medications as well as other personal necessities such as cell phone chargers. Families with children should bring some toys or other items for quiet enjoyment.
Warming Centers opened today (10/30/11) by following municipalities. Please note: food, bedding and other shelter items are not available at warming centers. These locations provide an opportunity for residents to come and warm up. Residents should bring their own supplies.
• Milan Town Hall, located at 20 Wilcox Circle in Milan, is open.
Contact: Supervisor William Gallagher at 206-8637.
• Pine Plains Community Center, located at 7775 South Main Street in Pine Plains, is open. Contact: Jennifer Mosher at (518) 929-1392
• Town of Fishkill Police Station Community Room, located at 807 Route 52 in Fishkill, is open. Contact: Police Dispatch at 831-1110
• Town of Northeast – American Legion Hall Post 178 located at 155 Route 44 in Millerton. Open for Millerton residents starting at 4pm and remaining open as needed. Contact: Supervisor David Sherman at 233-0190 or Com. Bob Jenks at 845-656-6466
• City of Beacon – overnight warming center is open at Lewis Tompkins Hose ( Fire Station #2) at 13 South Avenue (Route 9D & Main Street) until 9am tomorrow morning (Monday, 10/31). This is not a full shelter operation (no cots or food will be available). Tables and chairs only. Residents welcome to bring their own supplies to stay and get warm. Transportation is available for City of Beacon residents if needed. Contact: City of Beacon Police Department at 831-4111.
• City of Poughkeepsie - warming center/overnight shelter is open at the Salvation Army, 19 Pershing Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601. Residents are urged to bring their own pillows, blankets and food to the shelter.
• Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department Community Room, located at 19 Tucker Drive in Poughkeepsie, is open tonight as a warming center. Contact: Police Department at 485-3666.
Residents are also reminded to call 9-1-1 ONLY in the event of an emergency. Reports of power outages and inquiries about power restoration efforts should be directed to local utilities.
Information about warming centers and shelter operations is also available by calling 2-1-1.
Information will also be available on the County’s social media pages including Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dutchess-County-Government/73646813346 and Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/DutchessCoGov.
- end -