District Offices

Environmental Health Services (EHS) Contacts

Department of Behavioral & Community Health



General Contact Information:


Contacts for Information About:

Building Permits:





Deep Test Holes:



Freedom of Information Requests:



Individual Home or Subdivision Lot/Septic Systems:



Rabies Questions:



Restaurant Permits:



Water Testing:








~ Your Dutchess Direct Automated Response System ~

The Dutchess County Department of Behavioral & Community Health Environmental Health Section can be reached by emailing healthinfo@dutchessny.gov.  Please include the subject matter in the subject line of your email.


Go to top of page

~ Emergency Number ~

The Department can be reached for Public Health Emergencies during non-working hours and on weekends and holidays by contacting: (845) 431-6465. This phone number is not intended for routine business or reporting. This number is for EMERGENCY calls ONLY.


~ Central Office ~

85 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 106, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Voice: (845) 486-3404
Fax: (845) 486-3545


~ District Offices ~


Office Area Covered Address Contact
Poughkeepsie Poughkeepsie, LaGrange,
Hyde Park
85 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 106
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
(845) 486-3404
Fax: (845) 486-3545
Gena Mitchell
Beacon Fishkill, East Fishkill,
Beekman, Wappinger
223 Main Street
Beacon, NY 12508
(845) 838-4801
Fax: (845) 838-4824
Norman Pendleton
Millbrook Other towns 131 County House Road
Millbrook, NY 12545
(845) 677-4001
Fax: (845) 677-4008
Kathleen Lizewski


Go to top of page


~ Public Health Engineers ~

Engineer and Area Covered

Marie Brule, SPHE
  East Fishkill

Lee Felshin, SPHE
 C/T Poughkeepsie, Stanford, Amenia

Dan Keeler, SPHE
 Beekman, Wappinger, Milan

Dave MacDougall, PHE
  LaGrange,  Dover

Ron Miller, SPHE
 Red Hook, Fishkill, Beacon

Jim Napoli, SPHE
 Washington, Pawling, Clinton

David Pearson, PHE
  Pleasant Valley, Rhinebeck, Pine Plains

Jason Teed, SPHE

   Hyde Park, Union Vale, Northeast


~ Drinking Water Enhancement Program ~

       Robert Cicilioni - Central Office


~ Other Agencies ~

  • Pesticides, farming, erosion, gardening, dams, ponds: Farm and Home Center/Cornell Cooperative Extension of Dutchess County (845-677-8223) or New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (Region 3 in New Paltz: 845-256-3000) 
  • Building permits, stormwater, erosion control: Town Building Inspector (Address Info-Finder can tell you what town, school or legislative district you belong)
  • Stormwater, drainage: Local municipality (highway department usually)
  • Land Development: Local municipality (city/town planning and zoning boards)
  • Supermarkets, convenience stores: New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets (518-457-5459)
  • Air, water, or land pollution: New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (Region 3 in New Paltz: 845-256-3000)


Other environmental or water related agencies contact information.


Go to top of page


A. K. Vaidian, MD, MPH,Commissioner of Behavioral & Community Health A. K. Vaidian, MD, MPH
Commissioner of Behavioral & Community Health
Dutchess County Seal