Division of Veterans Services:Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Frequently Asked Questions

Division of Veterans Services

  Veteran Tax Exemption Information  

Q.  Where can I find information about the types of property tax exemptions available to veterans?

View Dutchess County Real Property Tax Service Agency's Local Options in Exemption Administration webpage that explains exemptions available to veterans.  More information on exemptions, defined times of war, and allowable maximums can be found in the New York State Office of Real Property Service's (NYSORPS)  publication Veterans Exemption  Q & A.

Go to top of page

  Military Records  

Q.  How can I obtain copies of my military service and discharge papers?

To obtain copies of your military records, you have two avenues open to you:

  • The Dutchess County Division of Veterans Services will assist you in obtaining your papers.  Contact them at (845) 486-2060 for more information (hours by appointment only).

  • You can order copies of your records from the National Archives and Records Administration; their website provides contact information and order forms.


Go to top of page

Did You find the answer you were seeking here? If not, visit the All Frequently Asked Questions page to view FAQs by topic.





A. K. Vaidian, MD, MPH,Commissioner of Behavioral & Community Health A. K. Vaidian, MD, MPH
Commissioner of Behavioral & Community Health
Dutchess County Seal