Your Dutchess Direct is an automated response system that allows you, the public, to communicate directly with the various departments of Dutchess County Government to request services, report problems, or comment on issues.
This system will help us, Dutchess County Government, better serve you, our residents, because Dutchess County Government Cares.
The following Help includes information about:
- New users must register first before logging onto the system.
Enter the following information in the boxed-in area on the right of the page- required fields are highlighted here in red:
Once the appropriate information has been entered, click the Save button. You will receive E-mail notification from Your Dutchess Direct (at the address you've entered) providing you with a link to the Your Dutchess Direct system.
- Returning Users
Use the boxed-in area at the left of the page to enter E-mail address and Password; then click the Login button.
If you've forgotten your password:
- Click on the text Forget your password? Click Here to have the system generate a new password for you.
- In the new window that appears, enter the E-mail address that you originally used to register with the system; click on Please send my password.
- Log onto Your Dutchess Direct using the new password that's been sent to your E-mail address.
- Click on the text Click here to change your password to change your password.
- In the new window that appears enter a new password (twice); click on Update Password.
Creating a New Request:
To send a new request, log onto the Your Dutchess Direct system then click on the Create New Request tab at the top of the screen.
From the Department dropdown box, select the department to which you'd like your request, problem or comment to be sent. In some cases, this field may be pre-selected.
- If you'd like to select a different department, click on the Show All Depts and Services button.
- Make a selection from the Department dropdown box; if you're unsure of the appropriate department, select Unknown.
- From the Service dropdown box, select the appropriate service category under which your request, problem or comment falls. In some cases, this field may be pre-selected. Available service categories correspond to the department selected.
- If you'd like to select a service category that does not fall under the department you've selected, select Other or Unknown.
- To choose a specific service category that does not appear under the department you've selected, click on the Show All Depts and Services button; then make a selection from the Service dropdown box as well as a selection from the Department dropdown box.
Select a request type by clicking on one of the following radio buttons:
Service Request, Problem Report, Comment on Issue
Enter your request, problem or comment in the textbox in the area provided. Optionally, you can check the spelling of the text just entered by clicking the Check Spelling button.
Click Send Request to submit your information to the selected County Department via Your Dutchess Direct. Requests are processed during normal County working hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Once a request is submitted an automatic confirmation E-mail will be sent to you. If you receive an error upon request submission, please close out of Your Dutchess Direct, login again and resend your request.
County Responses to Submitted Requests:
County responses to your request(s) will be returned to you in a Your Dutchess Direct E-mail. Users of challenge/response spam filters should whitelist the following Your Dutchess Direct E-mail address: YourDutchessDirect@co.dutchess.ny.us
Additionally, you can view the complete detail of the request by clicking on the Request ID link contained in the request response E-mail to log onto the Your Dutchess Direct system, then clicking on the Review County Response tab at the top of the page.
Complete details of the request will be shown in green text in the mid- and lower sections of the page as follows:
Replying to a County Response:
You can reply to a County response for any request that is open, and you can submit additional information or comments to any open request.
Your response must be sent through the Your Dutchess Direct system. Do not respond directly to Your Dutchess Direct E-mails as they are sent from an unattended mailbox.
To send a reply, click on the Request ID link contained in the Your Dutchess Direct request response E-mail; log onto the Your Dutchess Direct system, then click on the Review County Response tab at the top of the page
- Scroll to the lower portion of the page and enter additional information in the textbox under My Response.
- Click the Respond button.
Closing a Request:
A user has the capability to close* a request that is currently open.
Click on the Request ID link contained in the Your Dutchess Direct request response E-mail to log onto the Your Dutchess Direct system, then click on the Review County Response tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the lower portion of the page and click on the Cancel Request button.
*Closed requests cannot be re-opened
To exit Your Dutchess Direct, simply close your browser window.