How do I protect myself and my family from COVID-19?
Help stop the spread of Coronavirus and protect yourself and others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue (not your hands), then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and take special care to help the elderly and people with underlying health conditions avoid exposure. Call instead of visiting those most at risk. Offer help delivering groceries and other necessities so they can stay at home.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick and even if you feel well, stay at home as much as possible.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a cleaning product that contains bleach.
- Practice social distancing. Keep at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others whenever possible. Avoid social gatherings and unnecessary appointments.
- Wear a cloth face mask. A simple cloth face covering should be worn by everyone outside of their home when ample social distancing proves difficult. Be sure to wash your mask frequently; the CDC advises a washing machine is sufficient to clean cloth face coverings.
COVID Prevention Resources
- DUTCHESS COUNTY GOVERNMENT
- © Copyright 2003-2022
Dutchess County Government – OCIS