What’s at Stake:
The Census numbers will determine:
- How more than $675 billion in federal funds get distributed annually.
- How state and county legislative districts will get redrawn during redistricting.
- How federal, state, and local governments will plan and implement programs, services, and emergency response.
- How communities will plan for nursing homes, clinics, and the location of other health services.
- How future transportation needs for all segments of the population will be projected.
Self-Response Rates (Map)
Are you curious about how many people in Dutchess County responded to the 2020 Census? This map shows our final self-response rate. Census workers went out into the field to get households to respond in person if they didn't self-respond.
Having issues viewing the map? Open in a new window.
Complete Count Committee
Dutchess County established a 2020 Census “Complete Count Committee” to increase awareness and motivate residents to respond to the 2020 Census.
Agendas & Minutes
- John Penney, Chairperson of the Dutchess County Complete Count Committee
- Jonathan Bix, Executive Director of Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson
- Karen Dipnarine-Saroop, Executive Director of Dutchess County Interfaith Council
- Brian Doyle, Chief Executive Officer of Family Services Inc.
- Jennifer Drake, Senior Program Officer of The Dyson Foundation
- Danny Hairston, Coordinator of The Family Services SNUG program
- Mario Johnson, Project Coordinator of Empire State After-School Extended Learning Time Program, Poughkeepsie City School District
- Tom Lawrence, Director of Poughkeepsie Public Library District
- Maffy Malaver, Director of ABC Latino
- Gabriela Vega-Matthews, Latino organizer
- Eva Woods Peiró, Professor of Hispanic studies at Vassar College
- Brian Riddell, Executive Director of Dutchess Outreach
- Seema Rizvi, Representative of the Dutchess County Human Rights Commission
- Christine Sergent, Executive Director of North East Community Center
- L’Quette Taylor, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Community Matters 2
For more information contact: email@example.com