Printable version
- Frequently Asked Questions -

Emergengy Phone Numbers

Emergengy Phone Numbers
Q.   Where should I call in an emergency?

Call 9-1-1.  View All About 9-1-1 to learn all about our county’s 9-1-1 service.

Go to top of page

Q.   How can I contact the police when it is not a 9-1-1 emergency?

See our list of non-emergency police contact telephone numbers and addresses for Dutchess County.

Go to top of page

Q.   Where can I get a list of Hotline numbers in Dutchess County?

Click on the following links to access information for general hotline numbers and hotline numbers for victims.

Go to top of page

Q.   What is the CDC Clinical Information Service?

The CDC Clinical Information Service is part of the 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) Contact Center, a resource for clinical information and material covering CDC health-related topics.  800-CDC-INFO  is a 24/7/365 toll-free telephone information system for clinicians and the public to facilitate the rapid dissemination of bioterrorism information, natural disaster updates, and the latest on emerging diseases.

Go to top of page

Q.   Where should I go for a psychiatric emergency?

For a psychiatric emergency, go to the Emergency Department at Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center, North Road, Poughkeepsie.  Telephone counseling is available 24 hours a day by calling or texting the Dutchess County HELPLINE at (845) 485-9700, or call toll free 1 (877) 485-9700.

Go to top of page

Q.   How do I report a power outage or gas leak?

Immediately leave the premises where the gas odor is present.  Then, from another location, call your utility company or click on the link to your utility company’s website below to report a natural gas odor/emergency:

Central Hudson Gas & Electric:
24-hour Gas Odor Hotline:  1-800-942-8274
PowerLine:  845-452-2700
Website:  Central Hudson Gas & Electric

Natural gas odor/emergency      1-800-572-1121
Electric interruption/emergency  1-800-572-1131
Website:  New York State Gas & Electric

Go to top of page

Q.   Where can I call if I think my child has ingested something poisonous?

Call the Upstate New York Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222.  The Upstate New York Poison Center is a component of the State University of New York Upstate Medical University Hospital's Department of Emergency Medicine, and is a telephone service available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Go to top of page