Poughkeepsie, New York: Dutchess County Clerk Bradford H. Kendall announces the Poughkeepsie DMV location at 22 Market Street, Poughkeepsie NY 12601, will resume in-person license, permits and non-driver ID transactions on June 15thby appointment only.
Accepted license transactions include:
- Standard, REAL ID and Enhanced License renewals and transfers from out of state
- First time applications to upgrade to REAL ID or Enhanced licenses or non-driver ID cards
- First time applications for non-driver Identification Cards
- Applications for Passenger or CDL permits for Dutchess County residents only
- Conditional or Restricted Licenses
Appointments may be made starting on Friday, June 12 by calling 845-486-2388 between 9AM and 4:45PM.
For information on vehicle registrations, please visit www.dutchessny.gov/countyclerk.
The following guidelines apply for access to the County Office Building:
- All visitors must enter the building via the front doors on Market Street. The outside doors will remain locked until 9 am.
- Visitors will be required to sanitize their hands at the sanitizer station in the lobby.
- All visitors must check-in at the desk in the front foyer.
- Visitors are to wear a face covering in order to enter the building and continue to wear it within the building unless directed otherwise by staff. Disposable face coverings will be available upon request (while supplies last). Visitors who will not wear a face covering may be asked to make an appointment for a later date.
- The security officer in the lobby is to be provided with the visitor’s destination to verify appointment before a visitor may proceed to their appointment. Anyone who is late to an appointment beyond 5 minutes forfeits their appointment slot.
- Visitors and staff are to maintain 6’ of social distance when appropriate.
A drop-box is located in the foyer at 22 Market Street, Poughkeepsie. Acceptable transactions for the drop-boxes are license plate surrenders, title only, new registrations, registration renewals.
All other Dutchess DMV locations remain closed at this time.
For more information, please visit www.dutchessny.gov/countyclerk .