Poughkeepsie, NY … Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro today hosted his most recent virtual town hall forum, providing residents with updates about the COVID-19 pandemic and answering their questions about micro-cluster criteria, school testing and other topics of interest.
An archive of each of the County Executive’s online conversations, including today’s event, is available on Dutchess County Government’s YouTube page.
Among the highlights of today’s discussion:
- County Executive Molinaro updated residents on the most current data available on the Dutchess County COVID-19 Community Impact Dashboard:
- 289,001 tests completed to date
- 7,354 confirmed cases to date
- 664 current active cases
- 64 current hospitalizations
- 191 deaths to date
- 6,499 recovered to date
- 4.7% regional positivity rate
- Dutchess County’s 7-day rolling average was 3.5% as of Tuesday, Dec. 1st
- After the Dutchess County Legislature Budget, Finance and Personnel Committee recently passed County Executive Molinaro’s 2021 Executive Budget with bipartisan support, the full Legislature will vote on its adoption on Thursday, Dec. 3rd at 7 p.m. The budget maintains County services and programs, with new initiatives addressing homelessness and housing, youth services, and police reform, as well as continued funding for senior services, mental health, infrastructure improvements, County parks and other critical services – all with no layoffs and no increase to property taxes.
- County Executive Molinaro reminded residents Wilcox Park, of Dutchess County’s award-winning parks, will host “Go Light Your World,” a free, drive-through holiday illumination event this weekend – Saturday, Dec. 5th and Sunday, Dec. 6th from 6-9 p.m. – which will feature lighting displays from various municipalities and organizations. This event will allow residents to enjoy the displays from a safe distance, and more information about this event is available on the Dutchess County Parks webpage, and a map of the display is also available online.
County Executive Molinaro’s next online forum will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 9th at 3 p.m. and can be viewed on the County’s Facebook page. As with previous virtual forums, American Sign Language interpreters will translate the live conversation.