Poughkeepsie, NY … Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro today hosted his most recent virtual Town Hall Forum, updating residents about the COVID-19 pandemic and his 2021 Executive Budget, among other topics, and answering their questions.
Since mid-March, the County Executive has held more than 40 online forums, and an archive of those discussions is available online on the County’s YouTube page.
Following the County Executive’s release of his 2021 Executive Budget last week, County Executive Molinaro will host a pair of virtual town hall forums about his budget proposal, accessible on the Dutchess County Government Facebook page. The online forums will take place:
- Tuesday, Nov. 10th at noon
- Thursday, Nov. 12th at 6 p.m.
Additionally, the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce (DCRCOC) will host County Executive Molinaro for an online presentation regarding his 2021 Executive Budget on Thursday, Nov. 12th at 8 a.m. Residents interested in taking part in this Zoom event can register on the DCRCOC website.
Budget documents, videos and an interactive “Budget in Brief” webpage are available at dutchessny.gov/2021budget.
Among the other highlights of today’s discussion:
- County Executive Molinaro updated residents on the most current data posted on the Dutchess County COVID-19 Community Impact Dashboard:
- 5,612 confirmed cases
- 192 active cases
- 8 hospitalizations
- 166 deaths
- 5,254 recovered
- 227,484 tests completed
- 2.2% regional positivity rate
- Dutchess County’s positivity rate was 1.4% on Wednesday, Nov. 4th
- Dutchess County’s Parks Division will host ‘Go Light Your World,’ a holiday illumination weekend, on December 5th and 6th from 6-9 p.m. at Wilcox Memorial Park, located off Route 199 in Stanford. There is no charge for the drive-through event, which will showcase holiday light displays throughout the parks. Displays will be created by Dutchess County Parks, local municipalities, nonprofits, businesses, fire departments, clubs and schools. Applications are currently being accepted from interested organizations.
- The County’s Office for the Aging (OFA) will host a drive-through flu shot clinic on Thursday, Nov. 12th, beginning at 11 a.m. at the site of the former Arthur S. May Elementary School, located at 25-31 Raymond Avenue in Poughkeepsie. This free event is open to all Dutchess County residents 60 years old and older, regardless of health insurance status. Seniors who have health insurance are asked to bring their insurance card with them to the event; MVP Health Care will pay the out-of-pocket fee for seniors without insurance.
- Dutchess County will honor veterans with a convoy of County, Armed Services, police, fire and local municipal vehicles on Veteran’s Day, Wednesday, Nov. 11th. The convoy will traverse through every municipality in Dutchess County to safely recognize and celebrate the sacrifices of local veterans. At 9 a.m. on Nov. 11th, the convoy will depart the Dutchess County War Memorial, located at the intersection of Raymond Avenue and Main Street in the Town of Poughkeepsie, and travel a loop through the towns of central Dutchess County before returning to the War Memorial for a wreath laying ceremony at 11 a.m. The convoy will depart once again to travel the perimeter towns of the county, and as it travels throughout the county, each municipality will have vehicles join in as it travels through their respective borders.
- County Executive Molinaro announced sections of the latest expansion of the Harlem Valley Rail Trail are now open for use. The sections are from Main Street, Millerton to Beilke-State Line Road and from Rudd Pond Road to the Town of Ancram in Columbia County. The extension will be complete in spring 2021. View a map of the newly opened sections of the Harlem Valley Rail Trail.
County Executive Molinaro’s next online forum will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 10th at noon and can be viewed on the County’s Facebook page. As with previous virtual forums, American Sign Language interpreters will translate the live conversation.