Who We Serve
OCIS provisions technology services for all Dutchess County Government departments, 30 municipalities, and more than 296,000 citizens covering 825 square miles. Additionally, OCIS supports the local economy through such applications as the Business Registry and ParcelAccess.
How We Are Organized
OCIS was reorganized in 2013 by merging two departments into one, which reduced headcount and improved services resulting in significant savings. OCIS is comprised of two divisions:
- Division of Information Services
- Applications Development - solves business problems by implementing cost effective software solutions
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - develops online mapping services for residents and businesses
- Infrastructure & Computer Operations - hosts state-of-the-art data center and provides end-user support for County government
- Network & Telephones - provides communications technology services to connect County offices
- Shared Services - spearheads initiative to reduce costs by sharing common solutions
- Division of Central Services
- Procurement - manages the purchasing process for County departments
- Bids & Contracts - manages all bids and contracts for County departments
- Printing Services - provides desktop publishing, bindery, and copying for County, municipalities, and contracted agencies.
- Mail and Courier Services - delivers mail services for County departments
- Central Supply - offers office supply services for County departments