- Come to the Dutchess County Clerk’s Office (22 Market Street, 1st Floor, Poughkeepsie NY 12601), bringing with you the above listed information.
- We will review your information and determine whether you qualify. If you do, we will type up your certificate and take your picture, if necessary. The process takes 30-45 minutes, so please leave your self the time to process.
- Please try not to come from noon-2pm (due to lunchtime staff shortages) or after 4:30pm (due to office closing procedures).
- There is no fee for this service.
- After the certificate is given to you, you should then go to the city/town clerk where you plan to sell your goods. They will process you according to their office procedure. It should be free of charge as well.
- The veteran’s peddler’s license is a permanent record and does not need to be renewed. If the certificate is lost, it may be replaced by repeating the above process. The clerk should be informed that the document is a replacement, so that it may be noted on the certificate. Only one certificate may be active at once.
- DUTCHESS COUNTY GOVERNMENT
- © Copyright 2003-2021
Dutchess County Government – OCIS