When schedule allows, bus operators will make scheduled additional stops and/or trips within a municipality, however each additional stop will constitute a new fare.
Reservations for Dial-A-Ride and Flex Service
- Passengers should plan activities so that reservations may be made ahead of time.
- Passengers must call for reservations at (845) 473-8424 as early as possible when in need of transit services. Dispatchers will accept reservations up to 30 days in advance and no later than 3 days before the desired date of service between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday (you must have an approved registration on file before making a reservation).
- Same day reservations are allowed within the City of Poughkeepsie for $7.00 on a space available basis.
- Residents of the City of Poughkeepsie, traveling within the City limits only can make Dial-A-Ride reservations for the next day or up to 30 days in advance.
- To cancel a reservation, please call (845) 473-8424 at least 24 hours before the scheduled trip. Late cancellations will require payment for the missed trip and will be tracked for sanction (see “Late Cancellation Sanction Policy” below).
- When a ride is scheduled, passengers must tell the dispatcher exactly where they are going, including additional stops.
- The bus operator must adhere to the schedule from dispatch, which cannot be changed on the day of service.
- Passengers are limited to a maximum four shopping bags or parcels, with a maximum weight of 25 lbs per bag. Bags must be stored under the passenger’s seat or on the floor in front of the passenger’s seat. No packages may be on the seat or in the aisle at any time during the trip.
- Bus operators may assist passengers in carrying packages on and off the bus at the destination upon request, but the bus operator may not leave the bus unattended.
- Passengers must ask for help if assistance is needed to board or disembark a vehicle.
- In inclement weather, passengers may wait inside their homes until 10 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time so that the dispatcher may call if there will be a delay.
- Passengers should allow a 15 minute leeway in scheduled pick-up time. Be ready 15 minutes early, but be prepared to wait 15 minutes longer than the scheduled pick-up time.
- Passengers should try to be patient, as bus operators may be delayed due to road conditions.
- Passengers must place fares in the fare box on their own. Those who are unable to do so may receive assistance from bus operators upon request. Passengers must pay with exact fare. Bus operators are not permitted to make change or accept tips or gifts of any kind.
- Passengers who wish to express a concern may ask to speak to a supervisor at (845) 473-8424, or the County Transit Administrator at (845) 473-8521. Suggestions are welcome and may also be directed to a supervisor, or the County Transit Administrator. Unresolved concerns may be referred to an appropriate Advisory Board representative from the passenger’s municipality or agency by the County Transit Administrator or by the passenger.