Each retired officer will be required to provide the following items:
- A copy of valid NEW YORK STATE Pistol Permit.
- A copy of a current “retired” Peace / Police Officer ID card from your former department.
- An original notarized affidavit; to be notarized prior to arriving at the range.
- A safe, functional Firearm, semi-auto or revolver.
- A safe functional holster, strong side, hip draw, covered trigger guard. No shoulder, cross draw or ankle holsters.
- A minimum of 50 rounds factory ammunition per firearm, no reloads.
- Reloading devices, magazines or speed loaders and a belt mounted carrying pouch.
- Wraparound eye protection, hearing protection and a ball cap.
- USPS Money order or check made out to DUTCHESS COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE. No cash will be accepted.
- $50 to qualify with one gun, $90 for two guns. Non Refundable.
Course of fire, FBI-Q target, Passing Score 70%
- 8 rounds standing from 25 yards in 25 seconds, revolver 40 seconds
- 12 rounds standing from 15 yards in 25 seconds, revolver 40 seconds
- 2 rounds standing, each command from 7 yards, total 6 rounds
- 12 rounds standing from 7 yards with a mandatory reload in 15 seconds, revolver 25 seconds
- 2 rounds standing each command from 3 yards in 2 seconds, total 6 rounds
- 6 rounds standing from 3 yards in 6 seconds
Questions may be directed to Lieutenant EH Pearsall 845-486-3863 or EPearsall@dutchessny.gov.