RPTL §1590 requires that assessing units post their assessment rolls on their web site within 10 days of filing, or to provide a link to the county web site posting the roll. These rolls are updated on or around May 1st for Tentative Assessment Rolls, and on or around July 1st for Final Assessment Rolls.
Detailed parcel information can be found on Dutchess County’s Parcel/Access application which is also updated on or around May 1st, and again on or around July 1st.
To find a specific parcel in MS Edge or Internet Explorer, right click in the body of the roll to open a search box. In Chrome type Ctrl + F to open a search box. Please click here for detailed instructions on searching for specific information, and printing.
New York State Law requires that assessors remove Basic or Enhanced STAR exemptions from the assessment roll and data file when directed to do so by the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance. Some of the STAR exemptions that appear on the assessment rolls may have been removed after publication by direction of NYS. If you have a question regarding a STAR exemption, or a STAR credit check, please call the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, Office of Real Property Tax Services, at (518) 457-2036.
- City of Beacon | Corrections
- City of Poughkeepsie | Corrections
- Town of Amenia | Corrections
- Town of Beekman
- Town of Clinton | Corrections
- Town of Dover | Corrections
- Town of East Fishkill | Corrections
- Town and Village of Fishkill | Corrections
- Town of Hyde Park
- Town of LaGrange | Corrections
- Town of Milan | Corrections
- Town of North East and Village of Millerton | Corrections
- Town and Village of Pawling | Corrections
- Town of Pine Plains | Corrections
- Town of Pleasant Valley | Corrections
- Town of Poughkeepsie and Village of Wappingers Falls | Corrections
- Town and Village of Red Hook | Corrections
- Town and Village of Rhinebeck | Corrections
- Town of Stanford | Corrections
- Town of Union Vale | Corrections
- Town of Wappinger and Village of Wappingers Falls | Corrections
- Town of Washington and Village of Millbrook | Corrections
You will need to know the municipality of the parcel. It's helpful to know the Grid Number (parcel ID). If you don't know this information, you can search County-wide in Parcel/Access.
Open the assessment roll file and use the "Search" or "Find" feature in Acrobat. If you do not see it on your toolbar when you open the file, try right-clicking in the body of the roll. This should enable a drop-down menu.
Type the parcel ID in the search box. You can enter the whole ID, ex: 1234-12-123456-0000, or you can just enter the six-digit group, 123456, it is unique enough within the roll to find your parcel.
You can use any search criteria, like street address or owner name, but you may get a number of "false positives" if the owner name is common. You may get nothing if the name is spelled differently from what you key in.
Hit <Enter>. Be patient. These are large files, and it can take a minute for the software to find the data. The second search within the same roll file will generally be quicker. If you are looking for information on a number of parcels, you may want to organize your work by municipality.
Any page may be printed. Be sure to select "Current page" or "Current view" in the Print Range option.
Assessment roll files may be freely downloaded.